Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mental Ejaculation.

I had thought that I would put in a whole detailed bit after Barack Obama won the election, and about how gracious McCain's speech was, and how much fun election night was spending it with friends and celebrating an historic moment, and how I've come to terms with the fact that sometimes you're supposed to put "an" in front of h words even though it's weird, and doesn't work for a lot of h words like an hangover, an hat, an hippie, an halloween party, an hill, etc. But, at this point, I am just in a weird mood and don't have the energy for the eloquence I envisioned on Tuesday.

Don't get me wrong, I am unbelievably excited about Obama's victory, and I can only hope that the next four years do not disappoint. But I am way to unfocused to make it the sole focus of this post.

No, instead I have a sloshing of thoughts ranging from dreams in which I nearly fall to my death in a free falling elevator car to emoticons that may or may not carry the essence of someone to returning to this general feeling of listlessness.

Nah, maybe not listlessness. Maybe just boredom.

At any rate, there's too much work. I couldn't get focused today. Papers to write. But I can't really complain, I know lots of people who've got it worse.

Is there such a thing as writer's block when you're not trying to write anything? Mental block? That's kind of how I feel. I know, I know, there are wise guys out there who will point out, you're writing a blog right now, but if you're thinking that right now, you've missed the point that I'm not expressing myself well enough in the first place, and you're going to have to compensate for it yourselves.

Get the right vibes from this.

At least there are still things I'm looking forward to...



...Despite what the horoscopes say.

No comments: